Bentonville, AR (January 22, 2019) – The Nova Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP) rifle platform gets a serious upgrade in 2019. Introducing the new NovaStar, an all-new design of a Hatsan favorite that weighs less and features more than its predecessor.
The biggest of the enhancements is the use of Hatsan’s Roto Index Magazine system. The Roto Index Magazine is caliber specific, detachable, and holds up to 14 shots. Hatsan also includes a single-shot tray to accompany long-range precision shooting.
The NovaStar uses a larger diameter, stiffer barrel shroud with a ½” UNF threaded muzzle cap. This significantly increases the rigidity of the floating barrel design for better accuracy. This rifle is one of Hatsan’s few that features a free-floating barrel, lending itself well to precision shooters and eliminating movement when placed on a bipod, bag, or tree branch for forend support.The action is housed in a handsome, all-new, ergonomic, Turkish-walnut stock that incorporates a thumbhole pistol grip and elevation adjustable Monte Carlo cheek rest. In addition, the adjustable rubber butt pad can be tailored to provide shooters ultimate comfort and a custom feel.
The NovaStar is remarkably lighter than its predecessor. In addition to sporting a slimmer and lighter receiver, the rifle shaves more weight by incorporating a 480cc carbon-fiber, air-storage reservoir that is 0.8 lbs. (12.7 oz) lighter than the aluminum version. Reducing weight at the forend creates less arm fatigue over the course of a shooting session.
The NovaStar still maintains the features that made the original Nova rifles a favorite among shooters. The NovaStar comes complete with Hatsan’s patented Quattro 2-stage adjustable match trigger. This trigger allows the gun to be custom-tuned to accommodate hunters and precision shooters alike. Built with all shooters in mind, the safety button is located at the rear of the receiver with clear indicators of the button’s position. A 22mm Weaver and 11mm dovetail optic rail is integrated into the upper receiver to accommodate a wide variety of mounts.
With an energy output of up to 54 ft-lbs., the NovaStar is capable of hitting targets 100+ yards out. The combined large air storage volume and 250 BAR pressure provides the punch for up to 110 shots per fill – eliminating the need to tote around external air sources for a weekend hunting trip or a day at the range. The cocking mechanism is robust and features a large handle that makes follow-up shots quick and easy. The NovaStar comes complete with Hatsan’s patented anti-knock system that prevents gas wastage when the rifle is knocked or bounced.
- Pre-Charged Pneumatic (PCP), enhanced side lever action, multi-shot air rifle
- Available in .177, .22, and .25 caliber
- 480cc carbon fiber air cylinder provides up to 110 shots per fill
- Ergonomic, thumbhole Turkish walnut stock with elevation adjustable comb and adjustable rubber butt pad.
- Quattro Trigger is a 2-stage fully adjustable match trigger
- Precision rifled and choked barrel for accuracy
- Caliber-specific detachable Roto Index Magazine
- Includes 2 magazines and a single-shot tray
- Combo optics rail accepts both 11mm dovetail and 22mm Weaver mounts
- Barrel shroud protects and stabilizes barrel for maximum durability and accuracy
- Spare magazine storage slot in the stock
- Patented anti-knock system prevents gas wastage when the rifle is knocked or bounced
- .177 Cal – 1,400 FPS Lead-Free, 1,300 FPS Lead, 37 FPE, 14-Shot Magazine, 110 Shots/Fill
- .22 Cal – 1,250 FPS Lead-Free, 1,125 FPS Lead, 47 FPE, 12-Shot Magazine, 100 Shots/Fill
- .25 Cal – 1,050 FPS Lead & Lead-Free, 54 FPE, 10-Shot Magazine, 90 Shots/Fill
- 480cc carbon fiber air storage volume
- 250 BAR fill pressure
- Turkish walnut stock w/ thumbhole, adjustable cheek, mag storage, accessory rail
- 43.5″ overall length
- 23″ barrel
- 8.4 lbs.
- MSRP: $899.99