The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will provide leadership in internal/external communications, refinement and delivery of USA Shooting’s core messaging to key stakeholders, as well as increasing the organization’s overall visibility. Works in conjunction with the Director of Marketing Communications in all communication functions, marketing execution and management of the USA Shooting brand. This role provides support to both the Marketing & Communications functions, partnering with the leadership and partners across the organization to assist in the execution of key initiatives, campaigns, events and projects.
- Promote a positive image of USA Shooting as the national governing body of the Olympic sport of shooting. Assure the accuracy of all information and message tone of written communication and content disseminated to constituents.
- Work with staff and appropriate parties to identify and implement communication policies and strategies of USA Shooting and provide support in developing strategies for brand, reputation and issues management. Help coordinate, develop and implement the organization’s overall communications and content creation plan with timelines for media activities and requirements.
- Write, distribute and place compelling stories about organization and team members for publications within, as well as the outdoor, firearms and sports communities, including working with any content contractors or freelancers to ensure proper execution and timely delivery of content.
- Development and implementation of media training program for athletes and key staff throughout the year, as well as focused training leading up to and during major events.
- Serve as liaison with industry and sponsor media contacts to provide coverage of major shooting events and key marketing objectives. Coordinate with USOC and ISSF media offices to provide press coverage of major shooting events.
- Write and distribute press releases of organizational activities, including athlete and event coverage and marketing/sponsorship/fundraising events.
- Maintain current athlete biographies and photo file of team members.
- Respond to media inquiries for information on USA Shooting teams and individual athletes.
- Maintain contact lists of national and hometown media and other key constituent groups. Provide information and resources for hometown and national media about international shooting from grassroots through Olympic-level competition.
- Capture news, information and photos throughout USA Shooting’s robust competition schedule including key domestic and international shooting competitions. Serve as staff photographer during attended events and establish strategies for coverage of events for which this person is not in attendance.
- Provide cross-functional support to USA Shooting departments in creation of content, graphics, information and collateral. Serve as a liaison to other departments by offering to consult, support, and edit internal communications.
- Help to curate, create, and manage published content on USA Shooting’s website as well as branded social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Manage the publishing of the biannual magazine (USA Shooting News) and Year in Review, including editing, layout, copy, photography and content management. Manage monthly digital newsletter.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining production of work that is highly creative.
- Demonstrated ability in multi-media production (graphic design, video, etc.) and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite Software, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current, and future trends.
- Ability to work successfully both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print materials.
- Possess strong self-motivation; proactive, high-energy, enthusiastic, “can do” work ethic; ability to handle potentially stressful or emergent situations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field or combination of education and equivalent experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with benefits package.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, references, writing samples and current resume to Kevin Neuendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org.