TITLE: Chief Marketing & Communications Officer [CMCO]
USA Shooting is a 501c3 non-profit corporation chartered by the United States Olympic Committee as the National Governing Body for the sport of shooting. The organization implements and manages development programs and sanctions events at the local, state, regional, and national levels. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the U.S. Olympic Training Center. USA Shooting’s mission is to “Prepare American athletes to win Olympic and Paralympic medals, promote the shooting sports throughout the U.S. and govern the conduct of international shooting in the country.”
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
COORDINATES WITH: The CMCO will be a key leader and close partner with the CEO, Director of Communications, Manager of Membership, Board of Directors, USOC staff, National Coaches, International Shooting Sport Federation, athletes, sponsors, donors, and the public.
Based in Colorado Springs, the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO) provides leadership and oversight for all marketing, communication and promotional areas tied to USAS. This includes the strategy, planning, development, and execution of USA Shooting’s marketing, sponsorship, communications, merchandising, membership, and advertising initiatives. The core objective of the CMCO will be to grow the USAS’smembership and top-line revenue through all available and leverageable commercial initiatives and assets. We are looking for an experienced outdoor industry Chief Marketing Officer to oversee all marketing, sponsorship and communications operations of USAS developing and executing the overall marketing, communications and membership strategy and vision for USA Shooting for 2020 and beyond.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing or business, sports management or relevant
field. MSc/MA will be a plus. Minimum of 7 years of senior-level business marketing
leadership experience. Prefer an individual with shooting sports background, but not
required. Knowledge and understanding of international shooting events and programs
preferred. Strong communication skills – interpersonal, online and written. Ability to lead and manage others and work multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven experience as Chief Marketing and Communications Officer or similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and oversee the implementation of strategic and operational marketing “call-to-action” business plans.
- Solid understanding of the outdoor industry with proven relationships.
- Solid understanding of market research and data analytics methodologies.
- Ability to apply marketing and membership techniques over digital, social, media, and web.
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Proven leader that has experience in a non-for-profit environment or outdoor space creating sponsorship opportunities.
- Demonstrated financial-management skills, including budgeting, planning and administration. Preference given for NGB background in this area.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budgeting and resource development.
- Excellent leadership and people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic and engaged volunteer and membership base.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Flexible and able to prioritize key activities and oversee multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work effectively with a fast-moving environment. This is a “leader-doer” role within the organization.
- Knowledge of digital and technology tied to best practices relevant for a membership-driven sports organization.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Coordinate and manage all marketing, membership and communication requirements with USAS.
- Liaise with all areas of USA Shooting to guide a unified approach with our athletes, staff, board, and team to define marketing and communication strategies that support the organization’s overall growth plan.
- Define and develop a feasible marketing, communication and membership plan for the organization and oversee its day-to-day implementation.
- Plan and organize all marketing functions and operations (branding, communications, etc.) and ensure they project USA Shooting’s unique “voice.”
- Support the design and coordination of promotional campaigns, PR, and other marketing efforts across all channels (digital, press, etc.)
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships for USA Shooting that provides growth and value.
- Support and grow the revenue generation for USA Shooting by enhancing membership benefits while providing needed growth in this space through “call-to-action” campaigns.
- Provide the leadership for increasing the engagement of our USA Shooting membership.
- Provide the long-term strategic direction for USA Shooting’s merchandise, growing revenue and identifying the next steps for the organization both online and at
- USA Shooting national events and competitions.
- Oversee USA Shooting’s grant process coordinating all activities for submissions for the organization.
- Provide both the short-term and long-term strategic path forward for future USA
- Shooting fundraising events to grow the engagement and ROI for these events.
- Ensure the efficiency, operation, and success of all marketing programs and services such that they are sustainable and conform to USAS’s mission.
- Support creating and instilling a fun working culture that inspires pride, passion, dedication, loyalty and cohesiveness in support of our athletes.
- Oversee the creation of program budgets and the compliance within the budgets that have been approved for the marketing business unit area.
- Work closely with CEO on special projects, board development, and interpretations and implementation of long-range marketing goals.
- Support CEO on developing and implementing effective marketing and communications plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to multiple situations effectively.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Colorado Springs.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package and an exciting work environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY Please send resume and cover letter to Bob Gambardella email@example.com by July 27, 2019.