Location: New York 2 ParkJob Code:2722# of openings:1
Outdoor Life Associate Editor
Want to get paid for writing about hunting and fishing? Outdoor Life is hiring an associate editor to help cover the coolest stories in the outdoors—from the world-record buck to the best new bass lures. This is a multi-platform gig, with responsibilities to the website as well as the magazine and all the other places we publish. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in hunting, fishing, and journalism. They’ll have ambitious story ideas and will be a careful and thoughtful editor.
- Assign and edit or write stories for OutdoorLife.com on a daily basis.
- Run the front-of-book section in our quarterly magazine.
- Work with a team of freelance contributors on print and digital assignments.
- Post to OL’s social platforms (Facebook and Instagram) and engage with our social audiences.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have at least three years of professional editing experience.
- You are a quick, clean writer who can meet deadlines.
- You are a self-starter.
- You have hunting and fishing knowledge and experience.
- You have a strong code of journalistic ethics.
- Video and audio editing experience are not required, but they are a serious bonus.