Orion’s National Air Rifle League returns for its fifth season! The league allows teams to compete virtually in a low-cost, yet meaningful national competition for both elite and developing teams. Teams compete against teams of their own relative skill level in a dynamic scheduling format during the 8-week regular season, beginning on 30 September, with the league culminating in a single-elimination tournament for the top teams. Registration deadline is 20 September!
Innovations from the 2018 Season
- We have developed a BRAND NEW website devoted just to our three national leagues!
- Visit the National Leagues website here
- Features include convenient access to League information, team pages, news articles, photo galleries, media information, and more!
- All coaches, athletes, and supporters are encouraged to download the new Orion Scoring System mobile application.
- The application will enhance everyone’s experience, with features including live leaderboards, score checks, score history, athlete squadding, digital incident reports, ranked results, and more!
- Available for download in both Apple and Android. Click here for instructions on how to download.
Precision Air Rifle will be Scored in Decimal
- This is consistent with the updated National Three-Position Air Rifle Rules (5.3.1 g).
Qualifying Scores for the Champions Division have been Raised
- 1010 for Sporter teams
- 1470.0 for Precision teams (1400 integer score)
There is an $85 per team registration fee. A school or club may only register one team in the sporter league and one team in the precision league. For more information visit the League website or download the complete 2019 National Air Rifle League Program.
To register please have the following information available:
- Your Orion Account information.
- The number of athletes that will be participating on your team.
- The email address of your local newspaper or school’s newspaper sports editor.