Imperial, MO – Incorporated on March 9, 2016, the Student Air Rifle Program (SAR) is elated to celebrate 5 years as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
“From concept to creation, the journey of developing an air rifle program for schools has been incredible,” noted Jake Hindman, President and Founder of SAR. We built SAR to provide a solid curriculum, impactful training, and standardized equipment so teachers could facilitate target shooting education in a safe, easy, and fun way. It’s been a wonderful experience to watch the program grow and carry out it’s mission.”
Here is a highlight of SAR’s accomplishments to date.
- Trained over 75 schools reaching over 11,000 students.
- Partnered with Pennsylvania Game Commission, Texas Parks and Wildlife, and Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks and Tourism to coordinate SAR in their respective states.
- Partnered with multiple Girl Scout Councils to deliver SAR.
- Conducted over 20 Basic Air Riflery Instructor (BARI) trainings certifying over 200 instructors in five different states as well as over 20 BARI Trainers.
- Conducted 10 tournaments for SAR students in Missouri.
To help celebrate, SAR is giving away an Umarex Embark Air Rifle, the official air rifle used in the SAR curriculum. Visit https://woobox.com/9ssm8r to enter the giveaway by March 31, 2021.
“We would like to thank participating schools, organizations, teachers, our instructors, and our many partners who have helped make our 5 years of providing a basic introduction to shooting sports possible.” noted, Hindman. “We are thrilled as we look to the future and continue our effort to help students shoot for success.”
About the Student Air Rifle Program (SAR):
SAR, developed by the Missouri Youth Sport Shooting Alliance (MYSSA™), is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. SAR uses school aligned units of study, teacher training, universal whistle commands, positive language, and standardized equipment to facilitate an introduction to the lifetime sport of target shooting to school-aged youth in grades 4 through 12. Follow SAR on Facebook and Instagram by searching “Student Air Rifle Program-SAR”.
Contribute to our SAR endowment by visiting https://www.midwayusafoundation.org/organization/?id=OP10850.
For more information about SAR, visit studentairrifleprogram.org.