Job Opening: Network Administrator
Reporting To: Web Operations Manager
Job Location: Columbia, MO 65203
MidwayUSA is looking for a Network Administrator to work on different projects to maintain the network and infrastructure of internal and external systems ranging from providing site hosting design, maintenance, scalability, and reliability. This position provides performance, operability, troubleshooting, and network connectivity for MidwayUSA systems. Network Administrators with MidwayUSA should have operational knowledge of network and routing protocols, knowledge of switch and router configuration and programming, knowledge of wireless system design and integration, and the capability to use Infra-As-Code tooling.
- Preferred 2-4 years of experience in Network Infrastructure
- Knowledge of routing protocols, switch and router configuration, and programming
- Experience in Site Reliability
- Experience with load balancing, firewalls, website delivery, AWS, DNS, DHCP, certificate management, Splunk, and performance troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of wireless system design and integration
- Experience in Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems
- Background in some programming language and automation (Python, Go, Chef, Ansible, GitLab)
- You must have an associate degree or equivalent experience; a bachelor’s degree is preferred in an Information Systems related field
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to Network Systems is required, and CCNA or equivalent experience is preferred
What We Offer
- Annual Salary Range (commensurate with experience): $71,000-$109,000 with annual benchmarking and pay increases to always ensure a competitive salary
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of Company Values
- Promote from Within Strategy
- Generous Annual profit sharing
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- Excellent choice of health plans (including HSA), dental, and vision benefit options at an affordable price
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance options
- Tuition assistance program
- Learning subscriptions to Frontend Masters, Pluralsight, and others with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Opportunities for career, leadership, and professional development with conferences, events, and seminars
- Supplier pro-deals and generous employee discounts
MidwayUSA, located in Columbia, MO, is an industry-leading internet retailer of over 200,000 shooting, reloading, gunsmithing, and hunting products. Both country kids from Missouri, Larry and Brenda Potterfield turned their passion for shooting sports into a career by opening a small gun shop in 1977 that would eventually become MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). They instilled family values like honesty, integrity, and respect for others into the business, and strive to maintain this culture with each Employee added to their growing team. For over 45 years, MidwayUSA has offered JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING® for Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and the Outdoors with an unyielding focus on Customer Satisfaction.
MidwayUSA is one of only two organizations to be a three-time recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
MidwayUSA believes working in the office is the best way to promote teamwork, but we understand life can be complicated sometimes so we’ve created a flexible work-from-home policy should the need occasionally arise.
MidwayUSA requires all candidates post-offer to submit to a background check and drug screening as a condition of employment.
MidwayUSA is a tobacco & smoke-free campus.
Along with a competitive salary, MidwayUSA offers Employees great benefits, which include several medical insurance options, dental and vision insurance, profit-sharing, matching 401k, a tuition allowance program, and generous PTO and Holidays!
If you’re excited by new technologies and outpacing competitors, a self-starter that can get things done, and a change-maker that will help take MidwayUSA to the next level, APPLY HERE today!