MidwayUSA Seeks Candidates for Database Engineer
COLUMBIA, MO – May 18, 2023 –
Job Opening: Database Engineer
Reporting To: Database Manager
Job Location: Columbia, MO 65203
MidwayUSA is a privately held eCommerce company in the Outdoor industry. We are looking for a talented Database Engineer excited to build fast, secure, and scalable data solutions to support a customer-first experience in a fast-paced team environment while still respecting your work/life balance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years minimum in a database-related role
- Passion for databases and desire for best practices
- Desire to grow skills in any part of the database role
- Value for code quality and well-tested code
- Always looking for ways to improve the systems and your environment
- Love of collaboration with team and members of the department daily to share knowledge, author, review code, document strategies, monitor the environment, and triage production issues on a rotational basis
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in agile project development with Application and Web Developers to provide quality solutions to end users and customers
- Write and tune SQL queries for fast and efficient storage and retrieval of data
- Compose custom T-SQL stored procedures, views, and functions as necessary for project work
- Review Indexing to improve query performance
- Build optimal processes for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various sources to support analytics and reporting
Database Design & Modeling:
- Design logical schema and normalized data structures for custom applications
- Preserve data integrity on custom transactional databases for large and complex datasets
- Participate in system architecture (logical and physical design of the environment)
- Ethically handling privacy data for customers and business
- Assembling and implementing a valid data archiving plan
- Monitor, configure, and optimize the performance of Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Maintain high availability and disaster recovery
- Ensure fast database backups on & off-site for a reliable recovery solution.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database performance issues
- Keep the databases secure by meeting cybersecurity standards, including patching
- Build scripts and other tools to improve the ability of the database team
What We Offer
- Annual Salary Range (commensurate with experience): $71,000-$109,000 with annual benchmarking and pay increases to always ensure a competitive salary
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of Company Values
- Promote from Within Strategy
- Generous Annual profit sharing
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- Excellent choice of health plans (including HSA), dental, and vision benefit options at an affordable price
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance options
- Tuition assistance program
- Learning subscriptions to Frontend Masters, Pluralsight, and others with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Opportunities for career, leadership, and professional development with conferences, events, and seminars
- Supplier pro-deals and generous employee discounts
MidwayUSA, located in Columbia, MO, is an industry-leading internet retailer of over 200,000 shooting, reloading, gunsmithing, and hunting products. Both country kids from Missouri, Larry and Brenda Potterfield turned their passion for shooting sports into a career by opening a small gun shop in 1977 that would eventually become MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). They instilled family values like honesty, integrity, and respect for others into the business, and strive to maintain this culture with each Employee added to their growing team. For over 45 years, MidwayUSA has offered JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING® for Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and the Outdoors with an unyielding focus on Customer Satisfaction.
MidwayUSA is one of only two organizations to be a three-time recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
MidwayUSA believes working in the office is the best way to promote teamwork, but we understand life can be complicated sometimes so we’ve created a flexible work-from-home policy should the need occasionally arise.
MidwayUSA requires all candidates post-offer to submit to a background check and drug screening as a condition of employment.
MidwayUSA is a tobacco & smoke-free campus.
Along with a competitive salary, MidwayUSA offers Employees great benefits, which include several medical insurance options, dental and vision insurance, profit-sharing, matching 401k, a tuition allowance program, and generous PTO and Holidays!
If you’re excited by new technologies and outpacing competitors, a self-starter that can get things done, and a change-maker that will help take MidwayUSA to the next level, APPLY HERE today!