Over more than a century Leica Camera has mastered the balance of art and engineering – achieving an immutable harmony of form and functionality.
We are dedicated to developing optical instruments of the highest standards. The company has a tradition of precision manufacturing and technological innovations which have steadily positioned the brand at the forefront of the sport optics industry and has enabled it to establish an unsurpassed standard of excellence.
Leica Sport Optics has a longstanding tradition of quality, excellence and cultural competence. We’re looking for a strategic account manager to cover the Eastern & Southern US. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of sales success with strategic accounts in the outdoor/hunting market. We are looking for an energetic hunter style sales person to grow this market.
The position reports directly to the VP Sport Optics and coordinates with internal teams.
Domestic travel is required. International travel may also be required.
This is a full-time position with full benefits.
- Development and execution of sales and marketing goals for specified accounts
- Expansion of product mix available at retailers
- Develop and improve all aspects of the business relationship between Leica and its established accounts as well as expanding into additional retailers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Sales management for hunting/outdoor accounts
- Monthly sales forecasting
- Coordination of all necessary dealer support assets such as training and POS material
- Implementation of new product launches
- Maintain price stability within the accounts which are your responsibility
- Development and execution of marketing plans for Leica products within each dealer’s offerings.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Hunting optics experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in sales management in the hunting/outdoor market.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communication, business, or related field
- Possesses strong analytical skills. Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Take ownership of project needs/requests and ensuring they are facilitated through to completion within the required time
- Set a professional example of behavior, attitude and results at all
- Trustworthy and able to work independently. Hands-on/Take charge
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities
- High level of self-motivation and energy
50% Travel / 50% Home Office
Start Date Negotiable
Submit a cover letter and resume by email. Please, no “generic resumes” or “mass mailings”. Only genuinely interested candidates who submit personalized applications will be considered. References are not necessary with initial application.
Leica Camera Inc.
Visit Leica Sport Optics at http://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-Optics.