HatsanUSA®, the exclusive U.S. distributor of Hatsan airguns and Escort Shotguns, offers a more powerful version of its popular SpeedFire multi-shot break barrel air rifle to the U.S. market. The SpeedFire Magnum 1250 truly earns its magnum designation by having the power to launch .177 caliber lead pellets at 1250 FPS and .22 pellets at 1000 FPS from its 14-inch precision rifled steel barrel, yielding approximately 24 and 28 FPE, respectively. If using lead-free pellets, the SpeedFire Magnum 1250 will throw .177 calibers down range at an astonishing 1340 FPS and .22 calibers at 1250 FPS. This air rifle sets a new level for others to try and follow.
The SpeedFire line gets its name from the increased rate of fire not seen with regular break barrel air rifles. Typically, break barrels are single-shot, and the SpeedFires are fed by a rotary Rapid Performance Magazine (RPM), two of which are included with the air rifle. Once loaded with a full RPM (12 rounds in .177 and ten rounds in .22) and with the EZ Load Action System, each cocking stroke of the rifle automatically loads a pellet. This eliminates the tedious task of fiddling with individual pellets and makes follow-up shots extremely fast. A green fiber optic rear sight is also incorporated into the EZ Load Action System and is micro-adjustable for windage and elevation. A front red fiber optic sight flips down when not needed.
Housed in a black polymer, ambidextrous, thumbhole stock with Monte Carlo style cheek rest, it resembles a modern precision rifle design. A thick, ventilated rubber butt pad helps to reduce felt recoil. Situated on top of the blued steel receiver is a 7-inch-long optics riser rail. Built into this rail are dampeners that help to reduce the dual recoil impulse inherent in break barrel rifles. This rail will accommodate both 11mm dovetail and Picatinny mounting options, plus it has a metal scope stop, which comes in handy as the SpeedFire Magnum 1250 comes with a 3-9x40mm Optima scope and rings.
The SpeedFire Magnum 1250 also incorporates several tried-and-true Hatsan patented technologies. First is the Shock Absorber System (SAS), which is designed to reduce vibration and felt recoil. Next is Hatsan’s two-stage Quattro Match Trigger, which is adjustable for pull and travel. Its Vortex Gas Piston powerplant eliminates the use of a mainspring which tended to vibrate heavily and was prone to taking a “set” after a while; plus, it supplies the magnum power level. With that extra power comes a loud report, so the SpeedFires are equipped with a QuietEnergy (QE) barrel and an integrated sound moderator to reduce the report. This longer muzzle provides a longer gripping surface to aid in cocking the rifle.
Last but not least is the automatic safety/anti-bear trap feature. This feature sets the manual safety to “on” each time the barrel is broken to start the cocking stroke. Once set, it cannot be taken off “safe” while the barrel is out of battery.
Break barrel air rifle enthusiasts will find the multi-shot capability of the SpeedFire Magnum 1250 very appealing, especially for informal target shooting or plinking. The magnum power level will appeal to small-game hunters because of the ease and speed of taking follow-up shots. All of this comes at a retail price of only $249.99.
- Break barrel, multi-shot repeater
- Vortex gas piston
- Available in .177 (4.5mm), and .22 (5.5mm) calibers
- EZ-Load Action System – quickly cocks and loads the gun in one single motion
- Includes two detachable Rapid Performance Mags (RPM)
- Fully adjustable 2-stage Quattro Trigger
- QuietEnergy barrel with integrated sound moderator
- SAS™ – Shock Absorber System – that reduces felt recoil/reduces vibrations
- All-weather, pistol grip thumbhole, synthetic stock with ambidextrous design and fixed Monte Carlo cheek rest
- Textured grip and forearm for better control and feel
- Ventilated rubber butt pad for additional recoil absorption
- Scope riser for Picatinny and 11mm dovetail scope mounts
- Recoil absorbing dampeners in rail mount to reduce scope shock
- Precision rifled German steel barrel
- Manual and automatic cocking safety
- Anti-bear trap safety mechanism
- Micro-adjustable rear sight for both windage and elevation with green fiber optics
- Flip-up open front sight with red fiber optic
- Includes 3-9×40 Optima scope and rings
- Max Velocity* – Lead-Free Pellets – .177 cal – 1340 FPS, .22 cal – 1250 FPS
- Max Velocity* – Lead Pellets – .177 cal – 1250 FPS, .22 cal – 1000 FPS
- Max Muzzle Energy** – .177 cal – 24 FPE, .22 cal – 28 FPE
* Velocity results may vary due to pellet weight, pellet shape, pellet material, temperature, elevation, and other factors.
** Energy results may vary due to pellet weight, pellet shape, pellet material, temperature, elevation, and other factors.
HatsanUSA is the exclusive distributor of Hatsan airguns and Escort firearms in the U.S. Recognized for craftsmanship and precision performance, Hatsan products provide an exceptional shooting experience. The brands are purpose-driven and renowned for outstanding power, performance, reliability, and value. Hatsan takes pride in its vertically integrated manufacturing process, which enables it to maintain the highest levels of quality, workmanship, and a competitive advantage.