By Ashley Brugnone, CMP Writer
CAMP PERRY, Ohio; ANNISTON, Ala. – The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has set a series of entertaining themed events through the remaining months of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 where guests will receive a discounted entry to family-friendly matches held at its indoor air gun ranges at the South CMP Competition Center in Anniston, Ala., and at the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center at Camp Perry, Ohio. The ranges are open to the public year-round and feature 80-point ranges filled with CMP’s own electronic targets.
The special events are catered to those wanting to try air rifle, air pistol or both and are safe and easy for all ages and experience levels. No experience necessary! Bring your whole family and your friends for a night of leisurely fun! Marksmanship Nights are held every Tuesday and Thursday, 5:00-8:30PM EST (4:00-7:30PM CST).
Receive money off entry during the following specials:
- Sept. 26 – Bike Night: Ride your motorcycle to the range and receive $2.00 off entry.
- The special events will feature themes that even the qualified CMP staff will try out. Oct. 31 – Halloween Costume Contest: Best Costume wins a Pumpkin! Judging between 6-7 p.m.
- Nov. 21 – Turkey Shoot Bench Match: 6 p.m., $2.00 per Match Entry; Winner receives a turkey
- December — Hat & Mitten Tree: All Month! Bring in a new Hat/Mitten to place on the tree or canned goods and receive $2.00 off entry.
- Dec. 17 – Santa Bench Match: 6 p.m., A Special Visitor will be in the house! $2.00 per Match Entry; Winner receives a ham
- January – Humane Society: All Month! Bring in animal food or toy for the Humane Society and receive $2.00 off entry.
- Feb. 11 – Date Night Bench Team Match: 6 p.m., $4.00 per team; Winning Team receives a Gift Card
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Party!Wear Green! Bring in a bag of can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House and receive $2.00 off entry.
- April 9 – Easter Bench Match: 6 p.m., $2.00 per Match Entry; Winner receives an Easter Basket
- May 14 – Salute to Hero’s Blood Drive (tentative date): Come in and shoot alongside local heroes, and if you donate blood, you will receive $2.00 off your entry.
The CMP has Monthly Matches at the air ranges, where competitors have the opportunity to be ranked amongst other match participants from across the country as competitions are held simultaneously at our ranges in Alabama and Ohio. Staple events fired include a Junior 3×20, an Adult 3×20, Junior 3×10, 60 Shot Air Rifle Standing and 60 Shot Air Pistol.
Monthly Matches for 2019 include:
- Sept. 14, 2019
- Oct. 12, 2019
- Nov. 16, 2019
For more on the Monthly Matches and registration info, visit http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-competition-center-event-matches/monthly-air-rifle-and-air-pistol-matches/.
We hope to see you on the range!
About CMP Competition Centers:
For competitors of a variety of disciplines, the South Competition Center includes the CMP South Store that is stocked to fulfill equipment and memorabilia needs. Marksmanship Nights, held year-round at the range for the public, allow visitors of virtually any age and experience levels to try their hands at air rifle or air pistol shooting. For more on the South Competition Center, visit http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-competition-centers/.
The Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center features authentic Olympic and other memorabilia from the career of celebrated American marksman, Gary Anderson. The North CMP Competition Center also features a store equipped with shooting accessories, publications, CMP Memorabilia and much more. The facility also holds Marksmanship Nights regularly each week for the public to enjoy. For more about the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center, visit http://thecmp.org/air/cmp-competition-centers/.
Find the CMP Competitions Centers on Facebook!